GP-DL4 Data Logger
Simple, effective and reliable automatic recording of sensor data
GroPoint™ data loggers provide an inexpensive and simple-to-use method of automatically recording and storing measurements from GroPoint soil sensors. The analog version connects up to 4 sensors simultaneously, and the SDI-12 version can connect up to 10 sensors (using the 4-port SDI-12 Expansion Bar connected to 2 of the ports).
Measurements are recorded at a time interval selected by the user, from once per minute to every twelve hours. Data is stored in non-volatile Flash memory and is retained even if the battery fails. The memory can hold up to 32,520 measurements.
Configuring the data logger is done via the included Logger Config (SDI-12 version) or GroGraph (analog version) Windows software. Plug the included USB cable into the USB port on the data logger and a USB port on your computer, then run the software to set up the logging interval, SDI-12 sensor address, etc.
The water resistant enclosure and rugged IP66/IP68 environmental connectors permit outdoor placement of this data logger. The enclosure can be easily opened using a standard Philips size 0 screwdriver to replace the batteries (a 3.0V lithium CR2032 coin cell powers the logger, while a 9V alkaline powers the sensors). Both batteries are included and pre-installed upon delivery. Batteries will generally last about a year under normal operation.
Recorded SDI-12 sensor data can be downloaded to your computer as standard CSV files, or displayed directly at the logger with the GP-DU Handheld SDI-12 Sensor Reader.
|Output||CSV text file via USB cable (included)|
|Sensor interface||SDI-12 / RS-485 (SDI-12 version) or 0-5mA / 4-20 mA (analog version)|
|Sensor port connector||4-pin (SDI-12 version) or 3-pin (analog version) female EN3 connector|
|Maximum number of sensors||SDI-12 version: 10 (via multiple 4-Port SDI-12 Expansion Bars)
Analog version: 4
|Computer port connector||USB mini-B|
This is the equivalent of:
|Measurement interval||Configurable by user
Range: 1 minute to 12 hours
|Operating temperature range||-20°C to 65°C (-4°F to 150°F)|
|Storage temperature range||-20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 160°F)|
|Power||3.0V lithium coin cell powers the memory (included)
9V industrial alkaline battery powers the sensors (included)
|Battery life||Up to one year, depending on measurement interval|
|Dimensions||14.6cm x 8.9cm x 5.1cm (5.75” x 3.5” x 2”)|
|Weight||272 grams (0.6lbs)|
|Warranty||1-year limited parts and labour|
While there is no technical reason the GP-DL4 (SDI-12 version) can’t be used with non-GroPoint sensors, the sensors require the same EN3 connector to interface with the logger. Our EN3 connectors can be added to other sensors—please contact our support team and we’ll help you out.
The analog version can only be used with GroPoint sensors.
There are different ways to access the data depending on which version of the data logger you are using:
- For the SDI-12 version, use the Logger Config software (that’s used to configure the logger) to download the data as a standard CSV file. The CSV file can then be opened in many different applications, like Microsoft Excel, to run analyses and create graphs.
- For the analog version, use the GroGraph software. It not only will graph the data but also has some more advanced functions such as disease modelling, growing degree day calculations and more. GroGraph can also export the data to a CSV file for working with the data in other software.
- If you want to access a smaller set of data (for example, the last week’s data) right at the logger without needing a PC, you can also display data using the GP-DU Handheld SDI-12 Sensor Reader.
Yes, all our software has been tested to run on Windows 10 (and all previous versions). However, an administrator account is required to run it.
To request a quote, use the blue “Request a Quote” button (top right).
GroPoint 4-Port SDI-12 Expansion Bar$140.00
Connects to any open channel of an SDI-12 GroPoint data logger and provides connectors for up to four more sensors. Adds 3 additional ports (you lose 1, you gain 4).
4 x Switchcraft EN3P4F (4 female pins)
Switchcraft EN3C4M (4 male pins)
Operating temperature -20°C to +70°C Storage temperature -40°C to +85°C Dimensions 8.3 x 15.0 x 3.2cm
- Logger operates on a standard 3.0V coin cell battery (CR2032, included).
- Standard 9V battery powers connected sensors (included).
- SDI-12 version supports up to 10 connected sensors (via multiple 4-Port SDI-12 Expansion Bars).
- Includes a USB cable for connecting to your computer.
- Free Windows-based LoggerConfig software (download from our website) is used to configure the logger and download data as a CSV file.