The original analog GroPoint moisture sensor, with legendary ruggedness and accuracy.
GroPoint™ Classic is our original analog soil sensor, with a rugged design that has been proven over decades of use. The sensing element is manufactured from a solid 7mm (0.28″) stainless steel rod, and all electronics are sealed in water-proof epoxy.
The 4-20mA output integrates easily with common irrigation control and management systems, and it’s also available with 0-5mA output. The standard 5m cable can be extended to up to 150m (500′) and terminates in a rugged IP66/68 environmental connector or bare wires.
The sensor features a larger area of influence than our other sensors—about 10cm (4″) surrounding the sensing element. It can be calibrated specifically for sandy soils, high salinity and clay soils or a broad range of soils. Please specify when ordering.
The GroPoint Classic responds immediately and accurately to changes in soil moisture. It’s extremely rugged, easy to install and requires virtually no maintenance, providing years of reliable service.
- Measures soil moisture.
- 4-20 mA interface provides easy integration into common irrigation management and control systems.
- Also available with 0-5mA output.
- Based on field-proven TDT soil moisture measurement, and features some aspects of our proprietary TDT5 technology.
- Low power consumption—suitable for remote applications.
- Comes with 5 m (16.4′) durable cable (4-pin IP68-rated EN3 connector optional).